International opera course 2017
The international opera course - founded in 1991 by Prof. Kammersängerin Jutta Schlegel – is part of the opera festival Oper Oder-Spree. Our mission is to give young artists from Germany and other European countries the opportunity to gain practical experience working on stage that complements their training programme. This opera course is now well-known outside of Germany and every year participants from many European countries as well as USA, Asia and Australia all meet here, sometimes as representatives of their home music colleges.
Lessons / Training
The international opera course has gained recognition because it not only offers one to one and group sessions but practical performance experience in a professional context to a large audience. We also offer stage craft and interpretation lessons alongside courses in breathing technique and movement as well as individual advice sessions for auditions and application processes.
Our team is made up of an impressive array of professionals working in the field of opera and concert singing. Two renowned vocal coaches (dipl. opera and concert singer Snezana Nena Brzakovic; Kammersänger Markus Brück) along with experienced pianists Andreas Lisius, Alexej Ilenko and Evgeny A. Nikiforov take care of the musical rehearsals and singing lessons supporting and challenging our participants to fulfill their potential. The trained opera director Lars Franke lends his wide experience in the preapration of the production 'Oper in der Scheune' as well as working with singers on audition and application training. The organisation of the festive opera gala with the Preussisches Kammerorchester is lead and conducted by Vinzenz Weissenburger (Staatsoper Berlin).
Projects & concerts
All opera course members take part in the preparation of the festive Liederabend and the opera collage 'Oper in der Scheune'. The team will decide which participants will sing in the opera gala to which concert and opera agencies will be invited.
- Festlicher Liederabend 05.08.2017 (Burg Beeskow)
- Oper in der Scheune 11. - 13.08.2017 (Ragower Mühle)
- Festliche Operngala 19.08/20.08.2017 (Burg Beeskow and Kloster Neuzelle)
Dates & organisation
- Arrival is on Sunday 30th July 2017 and departure on 21st August 2017. Travel expenses will not be reimbursed.
- All singers will be provided with shared accomodation in Bootshaus Beeskow (Uferstr. 18d, 15848 Beeskow near Burg Beeskow). Self-catering but breakfast is included.
- The most promising artists will be honoured with the Grand Prix des Landkreises Oder-Spree, the Interpretationspreis der Sparkasse Oder-Spree and the town of Beeskow audience prize. The coaching staff and the promoters will decide on the prize winners.
- Participation is open to singers who have completed their programme of study or are at an advanced stage in their study programme at German, European or Overseas music colleges.
- Please send the following documents to apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Burg Beeskow, Frankfurter Str. 23, D-15848, Beeskow, Germany:
- CV with a photo (include training and work experience)
- completed application form
- a current recording (if possible)
- The application deadline is 31st May 2017. The coaching staff and promoters will select 20 participants.
- The course fee: 650.00 EUR. Payment will only be necessary if your application is successful. Your participation will only be confirmed and valid after payment of the course fee has been made!
- The repertoire outlined in the application form should be well prepared for the audition. (3Lieder from 18th to 20th century German repertoire, 3 ensembles and 3 arias in the original language from 18th to 20th century opera literature.